Monday, May 7, 2012

Real life punks in virtual world

I was hesitant at first, when hearing about Punk chatroom. I thought it was just another gimmicky site that was trying to steal my money. I though that was the case. Turns out, after deciding to join, it was kinda the best thing that happened to me. But before I get into too much detail, I want to share my story so that others like me at the time can see what happens if you let yourself get out there.

Before I joined, my life was painstakingly miserable. I didn't have many friends and the friends I did have were paring off with the girls at school. Soon they all became too interested in hanging out with their girlfriends to hang out with me. So i got some new friends. These friends weren't exactly the best friends out there or for me either, but they were always free to hang out, so i didn't mind. We got into a lot of fights and into a bad way. I thought i was rebelling and had fun, until i got caught. I got a criminal record and had serve community service. Not to mention how much trouble got into with my parents. They didn't like me back then. The only thing that I had that was a constant positive force in my life was music. I loved punk rock and still do. Bands like Blink 182, Sum 41, Alien Ant Farm and American Hi-Fi were all there for me. So i'd go to see them at shows and concerts by myself. I didn't care, i just wanted to be near the music. Then at a show this one guy told me about this site called Punk Chat.

Here I started talking to other punk music lovers and started to meet more and more cool people. As time went one I met this one girl who I really hit it off with and she was cute. So we would hang out together after school and go to shows together. I just started hanging out with her and her friends and today, they are still my best friends, including her, well she more than a friend now. This site actually changed my life. I turned it all around just because of the people I met here, online. I highly recommend Punk Chat for any punk music lover who wants to have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment