Friday, May 4, 2012

A Story from the Past Helped me to Move On!

I have always had a hard time when it comes to meeting new people and letting them in my life, because I have a trust issues. I had one terrible experience in the past that marked my life for good. Ex-girlfriend cheated on me, and, what’s even worse, everybody knew it except me and of course, I was the last to find out about it. I was miserable and I didn’t have a clue what to do with myself.

One day, it occurred to me to explore my family past, because I knew that there was always a veil of mysticism surrounding my Jewish origin. I connected with a few people at Jewish chat UK because I didn’t know from where to begin my research. They suggested me a library archive and to arm myself with patience. From the very beginning, I bumped into a wall of hostility. My relatives didn’t want to talk about this, because it could only evoke, as they said, the painful history.

I decided to visit our local synagogue and try to get some necessary info there. Rabi wasn’t feeling comfortable when I asked him to tell me a story about my grandparents. His face got darker, but he probably realized that I deserved to hear the story. He told me that my grandfather was a Christian unlike my grandmother that was one of so-called Sephardic Jews that came from Spain to England. In that time, a young Jew named Chaim was deeply in love with her but she turned him down because she was in love with my Christian grandfather who, surprisingly, didn’t care about the differences in religion. Young Jew was so desperate that he decided to kill himself and my grandmother couldn’t forgive herself for the rest of her life because she was convinced that she could do something in regards to this dreadful event.

When I heard about this, and when I shared it with my friends at Jewish chat room I realized that it’s actually connected with my current situation. If I forget to my ex and if I finally get over it, I will be able to move on and create new life. If I keep thinking about her, I will let the bitterness consume me, and I will be unhappy forever. And this I didn’t wanted because I knew what happened to grandma, and all of a sudden, her sad smile perfectly had sense!

I moved on and I met an amazing woman at Jewish webcam chat that perfectly understands me and my needs. All bitterness faded away.

No comments:

Post a Comment