Monday, April 16, 2012

Befriending other Races in South Africa

A long time ago, South Africa was a country ruled by white men, and mostly inhabited by black. The period of apartheid has long passed, but the bad mojo it brought is still rearing its ugly head from time to time. Black and white people still don't really like and trust each other fully. There are those that understand that we're equals under this Sun, but there are those who still believe the differences among us are far bigger than just a mere skin pigmentation.

The racism in South Africa is still somewhat strong. Today though, there are plenty of people that not just understand we are all equals, but actually are drawn to the other race. Interracial marriages are starting to become more and more common. Still, when you go out and look at a group of people, blacks mostly hang out with blacks, whites with whites, and mixed groups are not really that common.

Although it's not something you really are used to, some of us actually prefer to make the interracial chat rather than to stick "with our own". Our differences do exist, some of us are better at one thing, some at other, and that is what makes us stronger.

Just entering a group like you belong there is not really possible, right? You have to somehow meet those people. Well, it was a problem for me, but I had to find a way to do it. I did have some white friends, but not that many and they actually hung only with black people. Then I thought of the internet. If so many people could meet each other on Facebook, there had to be a nice place for me too. And I did find out that internet worked for me. Interracial chat South Africa is much easier this way.

If you simply visit the interracial chatrooms, you will find people that are seeking just that - others of another color, that don't give a damn about racism. I actually met my girlfriend here, and for someone who was always drawn to white girls, this was a beginning of a dream. Ok, she can't dance as well as black girls do, but I do find her prettier, and she can make me smile. When we dance, I do get to show off, and I do so enjoy that part, but she is so much better at swimming, that you would be amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment