Wednesday, April 18, 2012

There’s Nothing Wrong with Some Soul Searching!

There comes a time in everyone’s life when he/she starts to question their choices. I am in my thirties and I haven’t found love yet- I was starting to feel like it will never happen for me. This can be a really scary thought especially if everyone around you is married or if your parents/friends expect you to do it. However, I never wanted to settle with someone and I wanted to find true love. I am a Mormon and as Mormon I am expected to build a family and I wanted to do it – it’s that I didn’t want to do it with just anybody. As a Mormon- a person is encouraged to respect certain values in order to get a blessing according to our church and I was always following our tradition. And I’m glad that I did but as I said the loneliness started taking a toll.

I was chatting to my friend from LDS chat one day and she told me she knew this guy and she thought he would be perfect for me. Of course I didn’t think much of it but I thought why not just give it a try and see where it will lead me. She said he was a nice guy who’s looking for a nice Mormon girl that he can meet and possibly fall in love with. What can I say- I was a bit desperate and skeptical but after some time spent at LDS chat South Africa we finally decided to meet. I still wasn’t sure that this was such a good idea – but after talking to him I discovered he had a good sense of humor and that if anything this date won’t be boring.

We had a nice dinner, followed by movies and I ended up going home smiling. Nothing happened of course, at our first date and we spent a lot of time just chatting over the LDS webcam chat before we actually arranged a second date. I started to feel that I can’t wait to see him; I was going home happy if I knew I would see him. One thing led to another- I am now a happily married woman. My friend has helped me a lot because she introduced me to the love of my life. This only proves that you never know what’s lurking around the corner and that God sets a certain path for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment