Monday, April 30, 2012

I Am Polyamorous - So What!

What is polyamory? Polyamory is the desire to date more than one partner with a blessing of one’s partner. Even though these types of relationships are usually misunderstood they exist and there are a lot of people who follow this lifestyle. However, this type of arrangements are not accepted by the majority of people and polyamorous people might have trouble finding a partner who is just like them or who will at least have the capacity to understand their choice and preference. These types of relationships are based on trust/loyalty – and parties involved have a lack of jealousy and possessives. Our social standards don’t usually encourage these types of relationships- however; polyamorous people reject the socially acceptable standards and refuse to think that only monogamous relationships can have that deep closeness and emotional attachment.

I am polyamorous and for a long time I had troubles trying to find a date- I felt misunderstood and frustrated. People would look at me strangely and I could see in their eyes that they think that I’m weird. I lost a person that I cared for very dearly simply because he couldn’t understand my way of life. All these facts made me not want to date seriously at all and I gave up on love all together. I was making sure that all my relationships are strictly sexual and I was living by these rules for a long time. However, I was feeling lonely and empty until I found the online polyamory chat service.

I was browsing the Internet looking for some fun when I discovered the polyamory chatroom - I could finally chat to people who are just like me. I experienced a great relief, just being able to spend time with people who understand my outlook on life- make new friends who will not judge me and of course date partners who understand that you can love more than one person. Finally, I felt that hope again- that feeling that I can finally have a normal relationship without fear that I will lose a person that I love because I’m misunderstood. I finally felt like I belong somewhere,  as I met many new friends and new partners who are just like me. I still spend a lot of time in various polyamory webcam chat rooms, chatting with my friends that live abroad and I have a great time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment